As we have now reached the end of the Instructional Technologies and Material Design in English Language course, I would like to share a final blog post about the end of the course and the semester.
This course was one that I enjoyed attending and completing its tasks. It gave me many new perspectives and ideas in terms of technology. Before this course, I had weak knowledge about technology integration and the use of technology in teaching. However, after this course, I gained ideas in many areas such as blogging, podcast creation, and video editing. The assignment I enjoyed the most in this course was the collaborative film review writing. Since I was already doing something I enjoy, it did not feel like an assignment, and it also allowed me to collaborate with my friends. The assignment I liked the least was the infographic. Because I had to spend a lot of time in front of the screen, all the steps of the assignment required me to be on the screen, which was tiring for me.
Blog writing idea also appealed to me. I had a platform where I could explain myself and what I did freely. Being able to express myself comfortably feels good.
Overall, the technology course helped me gain knowledge about how I can enrich my teaching in the future and how my future students can improve their English while using technology.
Now we will take a short summer break from blogging. I hope you enjoyed reading my blogs as much as I enjoyed writing them. We will continue where we left off in the 3rd year.
Hi There! Welcome to my blog dear reader. Hope you are doing great! I want to share the podcast that I was assigned and my thoughts about the experience. For this task, I collaborated with my classmate, Rüveyda Güçlüer . We decided to create a vox-pop, and our main question was: “If you could ban one thing in the world, what would it be?” We interviewed 10 people at Marmara University, and everyone gave unique answers. It was an enjoyable experience for us because talking to many people and hearing their different perspectives was really fun. At first, we had some concerns about possible technical problems, but everything went smoothly. We used Vocaroo and CapCut for recording, and the process did not take long. In my opinion, giving students a podcast assignment is very beneficial because it boosts communication, collaboration (as in our case), and creativity. In the future, I would love to assign podcast projects to my students. I believe that creating podcast content in English ...
Dear Defne, I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed the lesson. Your ideas are valuable to me. I have always enjoyed reading your posts. Hope to be together again in the coming years' courses. Best
ReplyDelete