Hi There! Welcome to my blog, dear reader. Hope you are doing great!
In this assignment, a 4-stage AI project was required. In the first stage, I conducted a 5-minute voice-chat with ChatGPT, and I will share its transcript with you. Our discussion was about the question: "Should students be allowed to use ChatGPT in school?" Then, I wrote a report about this topic. In the next stage, I sent my report to ChatGPT and asked it to provide feedback. In the final stage, I created a second draft based on the feedback it gave me.
I used ChatGPT for both the voice chat and the feedback. It provided me with comfort for the voice chat and allowed it to be the exact kind of conversation I wanted. It was also useful for the feedback.
In the future, I want to integrate AI in my classes, probably mostly for speaking practice. I would give homework based on speaking practice, and I want to encourage my students to practice speaking whenever they want.Of course, I will be careful when giving homework and will make my students aware of how they should use it. Because alongside benefits like being constantly accessible and allowing them to improve themselves whenever they want, there can also be an over-reliance on AI, it can harm their creativity, and it can make them lazy. These situations must be taken into consideration.
And lastly, I want to mention the changes I made in my report. First, I wrote draft 1 and sent it to ChatGPT to give me feedback, then I revised it and created draft 2.
AI told me that I used "ChatGPT" too many times in my report and said that it disrupted the flow a bit. I corrected the number of times the word "ChatGPT" appeared in the whole text. It also told me that I needed to change some sentences for better fluency, so I tried to do that. And I also increased the word count.
Overall it was an enjoyable experience for me to complete this assignment.
Thank you for reading. See you in next blog. Take care!
">
Draft 1
Draft 2
Conversation Transcript
Hi There! Welcome to my blog dear reader. Hope you are doing great! I want to share the podcast that I was assigned and my thoughts about the experience. For this task, I collaborated with my classmate, Rüveyda Güçlüer . We decided to create a vox-pop, and our main question was: “If you could ban one thing in the world, what would it be?” We interviewed 10 people at Marmara University, and everyone gave unique answers. It was an enjoyable experience for us because talking to many people and hearing their different perspectives was really fun. At first, we had some concerns about possible technical problems, but everything went smoothly. We used Vocaroo and CapCut for recording, and the process did not take long. In my opinion, giving students a podcast assignment is very beneficial because it boosts communication, collaboration (as in our case), and creativity. In the future, I would love to assign podcast projects to my students. I believe that creating podcast content in English ...
Comments
Post a Comment