Skip to main content

Into the Unknown — Review: Nowhere

Hi there! Welcome to my blog, dear reader. I hope you are doing great! In this post, I want to talk about my new assignment and share what I have done. For this assignment, my friends Meryem Dilara Demirkaynak and Rümeysa Betül Demir and I were responsible for writing a film review. In this project, we worked together and shared different parts of the task to complete it. In this assignment, we were asked to write a film review in groups of three using Google Docs. After completing our reviews, we were also asked to exchange feedback and comment on another group’s work. In this post, I would also like to share with you the comments and feedback we received from the other group We chose the film Nowhere together, and after that, we divided the tasks and created this work together. Working with my peers was a good experience because it allowed us to exchange ideas and also helped us see different perspectives. Throughout the whole process, we stayed in contact with each other and exchanged ideas. I think Google Docs was very useful for this collaborative task because it allowed us to work on the same document at the same time. It made our job easier. Overall, this assignment was quite enjoyable for me because I genuinely enjoy watching films, and discussing them with my friends after watching is already an entertaining and engaging activity. Therefore, transforming this experience into an academic assignment was a very creative idea. Thanks to this project, we not only had fun throughout the process, but also gained a deeper understanding of how to write an effective and well-structured film review. Thank you for reading. See you in next blog. Take care!
You can click here to read our film review.
These are comments from our peers. If you would like to watch Nowhere’s Trailer click here

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Choose One to Ban

Hi There! Welcome to my blog dear reader. Hope you are doing great! I want to share the podcast that I was assigned and my thoughts about the experience. For this task, I collaborated with my classmate, Rüveyda Güçlüer . We decided to create a vox-pop, and our main question was: “If you could ban one thing in the world, what would it be?” We interviewed 10 people at Marmara University, and everyone gave unique answers. It was an enjoyable experience for us because talking to many people and hearing their different perspectives was really fun. At first, we had some concerns about possible technical problems, but everything went smoothly. We used Vocaroo and CapCut for recording, and the process did not take long. In my opinion, giving students a podcast assignment is very beneficial because it boosts communication, collaboration (as in our case), and creativity. In the future, I would love to assign podcast projects to my students. I believe that creating podcast content in English ...

PSA: Take Back Control of Your Life

Hi There! Welcome to my blog, dear reader. Hope you are doing great! In this post, I want to share another assignment with you guys and also talk about the whole process. I was assigned a Digital Storytelling project for this assignment. I collaborated with my classmate, Meryem Dilara Demirkaynak . We had three options for the project, and we decided to go with a Public Service Announcement (PSA). We wanted to make a video about phone addiction because it is one of the most important issues in the modern world. We are all spending too much time on our phones and becoming disconnected from our surroundings, which can lead to unintended consequences in our lives. To support our points and show the seriousness of this situation, we used official data from the Turkish Statistical Institute (TÜİK). At first, we were a little anxious about the project because we wanted to do our best and make sure everything was perfect. For the video, my friend and I filmed three different scenes. In each s...

Getting to Know Me: My Learning Journey

Hi There! Welcome to my blog dear readers. I hope you are doing great!  I am Defne, and I am an ELT student at Marmara University. I would like to talk briefly about the purpose of my blog. This blog was created for educational purposes. I would like to share my own journey and the work I create here. I will be sharing my ideas and thoughts. I chose to use my name as the blog title to make it personal. Anyone who is interested in technology integration in education is very welcome here.  Thank you for visiting my blog, and I hope you enjoy reading my posts. See you in next blog. Take care!